Granite Counters, Character and Bike Jumps

Sunday, December 8, 2013

When Jared and I first started house hunting, we both knew what we were looking for in a home. I wanted character and basically zero home improvement projects. I can craft but I cannot repair. He wanted a yard with lots of land.  

So, after one too many mimosas at brunch we decided to go check out this house that we both thought looked pretty neat online. Now keep in mind that before this boozy brunch we hadn't taken one step towards purchasing a house. No loan pre-approval, no agent, no nothing...Just casually looking at places online and watching House Hunters every night (which we thought made us pros in the real estate world). We literally went from 0 to 1,000 on the house hunting scale all because of a little OJ and champs. Ok, a lot of OJ and champs. 

Anyways, like I said one of Jared's main requirements was that the house had a big yard. He's from upstate New York where it seems you can practically buy the whole state for the price of one San Diego house. Why the yard, you ask? Well, allow me to show you...



And those would be...bike jumps! Aren't they cool? He's been working on them since we moved in, which was about 2 months ago. I mean, maybe you're a little confused and that's ok. I think I understand them because I've known Jared for almost four years now so I'm privy to his hobbies, but 22-year-old Richelle would have been like, wait, what are those and are they for rollerblading?! 

 I love that we both have hobbies and that one of his happens to include "landscaping" the yard. It also makes me happy to know that he has a distraction so I can sit on the couch and watch Bravo marathons all weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground